Hello! Welcome to this Is Rosland Capital A Scam? review! We have all the information you need about the company. So read on!
Investing in the precious metal industry is one of the best things you can do to earn money. It is one of the most popular ways of diversifying your portfolio and protecting your wealth against inflation, in todays times.
They are also seen as a safe haven investment, meaning that their value tends to hold up well during times of economic turmoil. However, in order to get the most out of these investments, it is a big factor to choose an excellent firm or dealer.
Chances are, since you are here, you have encountered Rosland Capital upon searching for precious metals companies to invest in. If you are interested in investing in Rosland Capital, you definitely want to learn more about it.
Is Rosland Capital a scam? Or are they a legitimate company? We will answer these questions in this article. To make sure this is the real deal, know everything you want to learn by reading this honest review! Let's get started.
Rosland Capital Review Quick Summary
Name: Rosland Capital
Owner: Marin Aleksov
Price: Depends on your budget
What is Rosland Capital?
Rosland Capital is a precious metals dealer that was founded in 2008 by Marin Aleksov, a 25-year veteran of the precious metals industry. The company prides themselves as the best source of precious metals products, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium coins and bars.
Since its founding, the company has grown rapidly. Their success is due to a number of factors, but mainly due to their values of honesty, high-quality customer service, and public education. The company has a strong reputation for their commitment to help investors in every step of the way.
What caught my attention about this company is the fact they have been endorsed by celebrities. One of them are Bill O'Reilly and William Devane whom I have seen on the Rosland Capital official website.
Today, Rosland Capital is one of the better and more successful precious metal companies in the industry. They have been featured by various publications, and have established their track record of success.
Rosland Capital Products Catalog
As Rosland Capital would like to think of that they are buyer's best source of gold, silver, platinum, and palladium, rightfully so, they really do have one of the widest product catalog in the industry. The following listed below are some of the available precious metals in their website:
- Gold: South African Krugerrand, Canadian Gold Maple Leaf, American Gold Eagle, Australian Gold Kangaroo, Austrian Philharmonic, British Gold Britannia, Chinese Gold Panda, Mexican Gold Libertad, American Buffalo, Perth Mint Lunar Series, and Gold Bars and Rounds of different weights.
- Silver: American Silver Eagle, Canadian Silver Maple Leaf, Austrian Silver Philharmonic, British Silver Britannia, Mexican Silver Libertad, Perth Mint Lunar Series, Chinese Silver Panda, Australian Kangaroo, Cook Islands Silver Niue, New Zealand Silver Kiwi, and Silver Bars and Rounds of different weights.
- Platinum and Palladium: As of this current time of writing, Rosland Capital offers PAMP Platinum bars of different weights, and Palladium Bars of different weights.
- Collectible and Commemorative Coins: PGA TOUR Championship Gold Coin, 2017 Presidents Cup Gold and Silver Coin Collection, Arnold Palmer Commemorative Silver Coin, Jack Nicklaus Commemorative Silver Coin, Formula 1® Miami Grand Prix 1/4 oz Gold Coin 2022, Formula 1® All the Champions, 1950-2022, and 1-Kilo Gold Proof Coin 2023.
Aside from these, they also offer a variety of coin collections, including commemorative coins, premium coins, proof coins, and exclusive coins. In addition to these, they also offer bars, rounds, and jewelry.
However, the one drawback that I really do not like about Rosland Capital is that they do not display the prices of their products on their website.
Instead, you need to call representatives or contact the company to know the prices. This can be frustrating for investors who want to compare prices before making a purchase.
Rosland Capital Precious Metal IRA
Rosland Capital is a precious metals dealer that does not act as an IRA custodian itself. However, they do offer IRA services for their customers, and help you open an IRA account with a custodian such as Equity Institutional, National Trust, or the United States Mint.
They will help you set up your account, and they will also help you purchase precious metals for your IRA. Your IRA account will be held by the custodian that you choose, and Rosland Capital will simply act as a middleman between you and the custodian.
At this time of writing, the following are the IRA-eligible products that Rosland Capital is offering, as displayed on their website:
- Gold: American Eagle Gold Coin, Austrian Philharmonic Gold Coin, Canadian Maple Leaf Gold Coin, Lady Liberty Gold Proof Series, and Gold Bullion Bars
- Silver: American Eagle Silver Coin, Canadian Maple Leaf Silver Coin, Lady Liberty Silver Coin Proof Series, Lady Liberty Silver Reverse Proof
- Palladium: Canadian Maple Leaf Palladium Coin and Palladium Bullion Bars
To get started you can contact a representative from Rosland Capital, to select the exact precious metals you want to have in your IRA. They can work with you in selecting the IRA options that will be best for your investment goals.
If you are looking for a more transparent IRA company, I suggest you try Goldco. Goldco is a top-rated precious metals company that displays the prices of their products on their website. They also offer a variety of IRA options, including self-directed IRAs and gold IRAs.
How To Buy From Rosland Capital?
Rosland Capital offers physical precious metals as well as precious metal IRAs to its customers. But, as stated above, unlike the other dealers out there, it is not possible to purchase Gold and other precious metals directly from the Rosland Capital website.
You can only see the precious metals that you want to buy on the site, however, the moment you want to purchase something, you need to make a call to see if what you're looking for is available and its pricing. Take note that this also applies to IRA's.
To easily follow the flow of purchasing from Rosland Capital, take a read on this simple step-by-step process.
- Visit the Rosland Capital website and create an account.
- If you are applying for a precious metal IRA, Rosland Capital will send you the necessary forms and customer agreements. After this, they will then create your IRA accout.
- Select the type of gold or IRA-eligible metal you want to buy, such as bullion bars or coins.
- Call a Rosland Capital Representative and ask whether or not the metal is available. Coordinate with the representative the size and quantity of gold you want to buy.
- Fund your account, or rollover an existing IRA to an IRA backed with gold and silver
- Still with the Rosland Capital Representative, ask for assistance in placing an order. They will also be asking you for your storage options.
- Process the payment within 48 hours of placing an order.
- Your physical precious metals will be delivered at your doorstep, or your precious metal IRAs will be kept at a secure depository.
Accepted Payment Methods
According to Rosland Capital's website, it is stated that payments may be made only by bank check, personal check or bank wire. Funds must be sent to the company within 48 hours of placing your orders. If unable to meet that time frame, you will be needing to call Rosland Capital offices.
- Personal check: You can make a payment by personal check. The check must be made payable to Rosland Capital and must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Bank wiring of funds or overnight delivery of checks is highly recommended.
- Bank wire: You can make a payment by bank wire. The wire must be sent to Rosland Capital's bank account.
- Credit card: You can make a payment by credit card. The credit card must be in your name and must be issued by a U.S. bank.
It is important to note that there may be additional fees associated with certain payment methods. For example, there may be a fee for using a credit card or for making a bank wire.
If you are unsure about which payment method to use, you can contact Rosland Capital for more information.
Rosland Capital IRA Prices and Fees
To open a Rosland Capital IRA, you must invest at least $10,000. The specific fees you pay will depend on the custodian you choose. In addition to fees, you may also pay a spread on the purchase of precious metals.
A spread is the difference between the wholesale price that Rosland Capital pays for the metals and the retail price that it charges you. Rosland Capital can also help you understand the benefits of investing in precious metals. Here are some general fees you can expect to pay:
- Setup fee: $50
- Annual maintenance fee: $100
- Storage fee: $100-$150 per year, depending on the type of storage
- Transaction fee: 1% of the purchase price
Please note that these are just the fees charged by Rosland Capital. The custodian you choose may also charge additional fees. It is important to compare the fees of all custodians before opening an IRA.
Rosland Capital Free Gold Kit
The company gives out free Gold kits, guides, or precious metals IRA when you do transactions with them. To get the Rosland Capital free gold kit, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. legal resident 21 or over as of July 1, 2023.
- Be a new customer.
- Make a single purchase of $20,000 or more, not including products for inclusion in IRAs.
- Create an account with Rosland Capital, and follow their terms and conditions
To claim the free gold kit, you must call Rosland Capital at 1-800-630-8900 and mention the "Free Gold and Silver Offer". You will need to provide your name, telephone number, home address, and email address.
The free gold kit includes a 1-ounce gold coin, 1-ounce silver coin, a free guide to gold investing, a free guide to silver investing.
The free gold kit is valued at up to $1,000. However, it is important to note that the actual value of the gold and silver coins will fluctuate based on the market price of gold and silver.
Storage Facilities and Services
Rosland Capital does not own its own precious metals storage facility, but it partners with world-renowned third-party providers such as Brink's Global Vaults, Malca-Amit, and Loomis Fargo.
These partnerships allow Rosland Capital to offer its customers a variety of storage options, including allocated and segregated storage.
- Allocated storage: Your precious metals are stored in a specific location within the vault, and you are the only owner of those metals.
- Segregated storage: Your precious metals are stored together with the metals of other customers, but they are still separated by type, weight, and other identifying factors. This means that your metals are kept separate from the metals of other customers, but you are not the only owner of the location.
If you are curious, which storage option is right for you? Allocated storage is the best option if you are concerned about the security of your precious metals. On the other hand, Segregated storage is a more affordable option, and it is still a secure way to store your precious metals.
Allocated storage typically has higher fees than segregated storage. Allocated storage may also offer more flexibility in terms of access to your metals. Ultimately, the best way to decide which storage option is right for you is to carefully consider your individual needs and preferences.
Shipping Fees and Services
Rosland Capital typically ships orders within 14 business days, which is faster than many other competitors. Free shipping is available on orders over $10,000. All shipments are insured and require a signature upon delivery.
The exact shipping fees will vary depending on the size and weight of your order, the specific shipping method you choose, and the destination. Here are some basic shipping fees for common destinations:
- Shipping to your home: $24 plus $1 per thousand ounces for gold and platinum.
- Shipping to a Brink's Global Vault: $24 plus $0.50 per thousand ounces for gold and platinum.
- Shipping to a Malca-Amit vault: $24 plus $0.75 per thousand ounces for gold and platinum.
- Shipping to a Loomis Fargo vault: $24 plus $0.85 per thousand ounces for gold and platinum.
- Shipping to Canada: $50 plus $1.00 per thousand for gold and platinum, and $50 plus $13 per thousand for silver.
- Shipping to other countries: Contact Rosland Capital for a quote.
Educational Materials and Services
Rosland Capital provides educational resources to help investors understand the benefits and risks of investing in precious metals. These resources include articles, guides, market insights, and educational tools.
- Articles: Rosland Capital publishes articles on its website that cover a range of topics, from the basics of precious metals investing to more advanced concepts such as hedging against inflation and diversifying a portfolio.
- Guides: They offer guides that provide more detailed information on specific topics, such as buying, storing, and selling precious metals.
- Market insights: Rosland Capital publishes market insights that analyze the precious metals market and discuss current trends.
- Educational tools: The company also offers educational tools, such as a precious metals calculator and a precious metals portfolio builder. These tools can help investors learn more about precious metals investing and make informed investment decisions.
If you are interested in learning more about Rosland Capital's educational resources, visit their website or contact them for more information.
Rosland Capital Customer Service and Support
Rosland Capital offers customer service through a variety of convenient channels, including phone, email, live chat, and a knowledge base on their website. Customer service representatives are available during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
They are knowledgeable about the company's products and services, and can answer questions about buyback, storage, and other topics. Rosland Capital customer service is generally well-regarded, but there are some negative reviews. It is important to read reviews carefully before making any investment decisions.
If you are considering investing with Rosland Capital, I recommend that you contact customer service directly to get a sense of their level of service. You can also read reviews from other customers on websites such as Trustpilot and BBB.
Does Rosland Capital Have Buyback?
Rosland Capital offers a buyback program for precious metals that they have sold to their customers. Customers can sell their precious metals back to Rosland Capital at the current market price, but the price is not guaranteed and may go down after the sale.
The buyback process can take several days, and payment may be delayed. Buyback is only available for products that were purchased directly from Rosland Capital and are in good condition. Products that have been damaged, altered, or held in a self-directed IRA or other retirement account are not eligible for buyback.
Where is Rosland Capital Located?
Rosland Capital's global headquarters is in Santa Monica, California. They also have offices in London, Paris, and Munich. Additionally, they have a network of buyback centers throughout the United States, located in major cities.
Rosland Capital has buyback centers in over 40 cities across the United States. To learn more about Rosland Capital's locations, please visit their website or contact them directly.
Rosland Capital Advantages
#1 You Can Sell Back to Rosland Company
Rosland Capital does not only sell you precious metals. This company also allows you to sell back your investments at the current market value.
You can also sell them products that you did not buy from their site. Personally, that's something good in my book that should be considered by investors like you.
#2 Gold & Precious Metals Can be Delivered to Your House
One thing I like about this company is that it offers a house delivery service! Furthermore, Rosland Capital has an amazing delivery system that can deliver your stuff in less than 10 days. That's something unheard of in the industry, to be honest.
#3 Rosland Capital has an Expert Economist
This is a big one. I don't know if you know Jeffrey Nichols. But he's an expert economist with lots of experience and authority.
He is the writer of the Rosland Capital newsletter. If you sign up for their newsletter, you can expect some gold info in your inbox!
Rosland Capital Disadvantages
#1 The Support Team is Relatively Unsatisfactory
A good company, in my opinion, must have a very good support team that will instantly answer your burning questions. Unfortunately, that's not the case with Rosland Capital. The support team is pretty bad and the info available on their site is limited.
#2 Deceptive Sale Tactics & Lack of Transparency
After doing some research online, I came across many complaints about the Rosland Capital service. The complaints claim that this company uses deceptive sale tactics and also charges high commissions rates. That is a red flag that should be raised.
#3 High Number of Complaints
Just like any company, they are molded in the public’s eye through reviews. Unfortunately for Rosland Capital, they receive quite a number of complaints. You can see some of their negative reviews in Better Business Bureau (BBB), Trust Link and Ripoff Report where people complain about inappropriate pricing and deceptive tactics.
Rosland Capital Ratings and Reviews
If you have been following our website, you know that we regularly check how precious metals companies are rated by reputable experts. In this article, we will look at how Rosland Capital is rated and reviewed by several reputable websites. The ratings and reviews are up to date as of September 2023.
Rosland Capital BBB Rating
Rosland Capital has a good reputation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The company has been accredited by the BBB since 2008 and has an A+ rating, which is the highest possible rating.
Rosland Capital has also received a 4.7 out of 5 star rating from 314 customer reviews on the BBB website. This rating is based on factors such as customer satisfaction, pricing, and responsiveness to customer inquiries.
Rosland Capital BCA Rating
Despite having a relatively small number of customer reviews on their BCA profile, Rosland Capital has a perfect rating. They have an AAA grade and a 5/5 star rating, which are the highest possible scores that a company can receive. This suggests that Rosland Capital is a reliable and trustworthy company.
Rosland Capital Trustlink Rating
Rosland Capital has a 3.7 out of 5 star rating on their Trustlink profile, based on 70 reviews. This is lower than their rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB), but it is still a good score.
The reviews on Trustlink are generally positive. The reviewers praised the company's customer service, product selection, and pricing. However, there were a few negative reviews that mentioned long wait times for customer service and problems with shipping.
Rosland Capital Trustpilot Rating
Rosland Capital has a 4.1 out of 5 star rating on their Trustpilot profile, based on 125 reviews. This is a good rating, but it is lower than their rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Trustlink.
Overall, the Trustpilot profile of Rosland Capital suggests that it is a reputable company with a good track record of customer satisfaction. However, it is important to note that there were some negative reviews. If you are considering buying precious metals from Rosland Capital, it is a good idea to read the reviews carefully before making a decision.
Rosland Capital Customer Complaints
Although Rosland Capital has received positive ratings from some websites, it has also been the subject of customer complaints. This section outlines some of the recent complaints that have been filed against the company.
The majority of complaints filed against Rosland Capital are related to customer service delays. Some customers have reported having to wait a long time to get a response from a customer service representative, while others have said that it took a long time to complete a transaction.
It is important to note that these are just some of the complaints that have been filed against Rosland Capital. It is also important to note that not all of these complaints are valid. However, it is something to be aware of when considering investing with Rosland Capital.
Rosland Capital Scam Lawsuit
Rosland Capital has been in the middle of several lawsuits. It is important to note that being sued does not mean that a company is guilty of wrongdoing. However, it is something to be aware of when considering investing with a company.
- William Dennison v. Rosland Capital LLC: In 2018, William Dennison filed a lawsuit against Rosland Capital alleging that the company had misled him into investing in precious metals. The lawsuit was settled in 2020, and Rosland Capital agreed to pay Dennison $20,000.
- Washington Department of Financial Institutions v. Rosland Capital LLC: In 2020, the Washington Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) filed a complaint against Rosland Capital alleging that the company had violated the state's commodity transaction act by offering precious metals products to Washington residents without being registered with the DFI. Rosland Capital agreed to pay a $20,000 civil penalty and to stop offering precious metals products to Washington residents without being registered with the DFI.
Better Alternatives to Rosland Capital
Investing in precious metals can be a sound investment, but it is essential to conduct your research and understand the associated risks. There are many reputable precious metals businesses, but there are also some scams.
Here is a comparison of Rosland Capital with three of its major competitors like Goldco, Augusta Precious Metals, and Money Metals Exchange:
Gold, silver, platinum, and palladium
Buying, selling, storage
Free shipping on orders over $100. Shipping fee depends on orders under under $100.
Gold, platinum, silver, and copper
Buying, selling, storage
Goldco is our top-recommended precious metals company. They have one of best, if not the best, precious metals IRA products and services in the industry. Not only that, their product catalog as well as their customer service is comparable to non-other.
Final Verdict: Is Rosland Capital a Scam?
Companies are not perfect, and negative reviews do not always mean that something is a scam. With that being said, I can firmly say that Rosland Capital is not a scam. It is a legit company in the precious metal industry. They have been in operation for over 12 years, and has provided excellent products.
However, the only thing that gives it away is the fact that there way too many complaints and negative comments about this company online. Furthermore, they also have some rude agents that use deceptive sales practices against the consumers.
These are things that you should consider. So, before you decide to invest in precious metals. Do your research first so you will not be disappointed and you will be at a gain. In conclusion, that's why I don't recommend this company.
Thank you so much for reading my "Is Rosland Capital a scam?" review! If you have comments and questions, please feel free to leave them on the comment section below.
What Is The Best Precious Metal Firm?
Although I do not recommend Rosland Capital, investing in the precious metal industry is still excellent. That is why, I will give you my best recommendation! If ever you want to invest, you have to give Goldco a try!
It has been providing services in more than a decade. Its products are high quality and very affordable. They offer a wide variety of investment options, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium IRAs.
On top of that, the support team is great! Goldco is also known for its excellent customer service and transparent pricing. They will really make sure to assist you in any way you want. If that is not enough, you can try to make your own research. You will find out how satisfied investors are with this firm.